How Do I Wash/Clean My Pad?
- The mattress pads are machine washable on a frontload washing machine. Please secure the extension tail with a rubber band or other means to minimize the risk of it flailing in the spin cycle and causing damage to the male connector. After securing the tail put your washing machine on a gentle cycle and cold water only. Dry on a delicate no heat cycle or air dry.
- Insure there is ample space around the Control Unit/Cube for ventilation. The Control Unit/Cube utilizes fresh air to cool the electronics, so sufficient air is necessary for optimal performance and long life of your system. Clearance of 24 inches on all sides is recommended. *** Do Not put your control unit under your bed*** as this will significantly restrict the airflow to the unit.
- Frequently inspect the connection tubes to insure there are no kinks or restrictions that may prevent free flow of the water through your system.
How do I clean and care for my Chili Control Unit?
Recommendations for keeping your Chili Technology system running efficiently for years of great sleep:
- Periodically add one cap full of hydrogen peroxide into the reservoir to keep the circulation system clean. Procedure: Set temperature to 75 degree F. Remove the reservoir cap, and add the Hydrogen Peroxide. LEAVE THE RESERVOIR CAP OFF. The Hydrogen Peroxide will react with the dirt or other foreign particles to clean the system. Once the reaction has stopped (bubbles no longer form), replace the cap, reset the temperature to your desired sleep temperature and enjoy.
- Periodically remove and clean dust screen at the intake vent under the handle (for PLS Control Units ONLY)
- For all units you can use a can of compressed air to blow in around side vents. (For the PLS control you can blow the top vent as well)
- IMPORTANT: If you have added any other substance to your water reservoir previously (such as vinegar), please flush the system before adding hydrogen peroxide
How often should I clean my ChiliPad Cube or Control Unit?
This cleaning will remove any residue that may have accumulated in your pad. We recommend this cleaning every 3 months with regular use, as well as before and after storage of your ChiliPad
- Empty the water in your unit/Cube (remember that you never want to store your unit/Cube with water in it).
- Add 1/2 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide to the unit/Cube.
- Fill the remainder of the water reservoir with distilled water.
- Run unit/Cube on a hot setting with the cap off for about 6-8 hours. Be sure the unit/Cube is higher than the pad to ensure the water doesn’t spill out the top of the unit/cube as you will have the cap off.
- Wipe off any residue that may rise to the top throughout the process.
Failure to care for and perform routine cleaning and maintenance will void your warranty.