Healthy Skin: From The Outside InAbby
The beauty about the body’s largest organ is that you can nourish it from the outside in and the inside out. We know the food chain is broken and we are not getting enough nutrients from the food we eat. To add insult to injury, the skin care industry has learned very well from its big brother; the pharmaceutical industry. Some of the ingredients in beauty products aren’t very pretty. US researchers report that one in eight of the 82,000 ingredients used in personal care products are industrial chemicals, including carcinogens, pesticides, reproductive toxins, and hormone disruptors. Many products include plasticizers (chemicals that keep concrete soft), degreasers (used to get grime off auto parts), and surfactants (they reduce surface tension in water, like in paint and inks). Imagine what that does to your skin and to the health of you and your loved ones! Below is a list of ingredients to avoid when buying personal care products.
16 Toxic and Carcinogenic Ingredients Found in Beauty and Skin Care Products
1. Benzoyl Peroxide – Used in acne products, the MSDS states that it is a possible tumor promoter. May act ass mutagen; produces DNA damage in human and other mammalian cells, it is also toxic by inhalation. Eyes, skin & respiratory irritant.
2. DEA (Diethanolamine), MEA (Monoethanolmine) and TEA (Triethanolamine) – This foam booster causes contact dermatitis and is a skin/eye irritant. Easily absorbed through skin to accumulate in body organs and the brain. Found in body lotions, body washes, cleansers, shampoos, shaving creams and bubble bath.
3. Dioxin – Won’t appear in ingredients. Often in antibacterial ingredients and ethoxylated cleansers like Sodium Laureth Sulfate. Dioxin reduces immunity and causes cancer, nervous system disorders, miscarriages and birth deformity.
4. DMDM Hydantoin and Urea (Imidazolidinyl) – Two preservatives that release formaldehyde, which may cause joint pain, cancer, skin reactions, allergies, depression, headaches, chest pains, ear infections, chronic fatigue, dizziness and insomnia. Found in body lotions, body washes, anti-bacterial hand washes, cleansers and shampoos.
5. FD&C Color and Pigments – Synthetic colors from coal tar contain heavy mental salts that deposit toxins in skin, causing skin sensitivity/irritation. Absorption can cause depletion of oxygen and death. Animal studies show almost all are carcinogenic. Found in makeup, shampoos, toothpastes, body washes, cleansers, baby products, wipes, hand washes, deodorants, lotions and creams.
6. Parabens (Methyl, Butyl, Ethyl, Propyl) – Used as a preservative. Not always labeled. Used in deodorants and other skin care products, have been found in breast cancer tumors. May contribute to sterility in males, hormone imbalance in females and early puberty, this is because parabens mimic estrogen. Parabens can be found in baby wipes, baby body washes, anti-bacterial hand washes, facial wipes, body lotions, deodorants, antiperspirants and shampoos.
7. PEG (Polyethylene glycol) – Made by ethoxylating Propylene Glycol. Dangerous levels of dioxin have been found as a by-product of the ethoxylation process. PEGs are in everything including baby wipes, diaper creams, baby lotions, cleansers, body washes, deodorants and sunscreens.
8. Phthalates – Found in many products, usually not listed in labels. Health effects include damage to liver/kidneys, birth defects, decreased sperm count and early development of the breasts in girls and boys.
9. Propylene Glycol (PG) and Butylene Glycol – Petroleum plastics, EPA considers PG so toxic it requires gloves, clothing, goggles and disposal by burying. EPA warns against skin contact to prevent brain, liver and kidney abnormalities. It penetrates and weakens proteins and cellular structure and is strong enough to remove barnacles from boats. Found in baby wipes, baby lotions, diaper creams, facial cleanser, body washes, toothpastes and shampoos.
10. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate – Used in carwashes, garage floor cleansers, engine degreasers and 90% of personal care products that foam. Eye damage, depression, labored breathing, diarrhea, skin irritation and death. It is found in baby body washes, baby shampoos, anti-bacterial hand washes, shaving cream, body lotions and shampoos.
11. Sunscreen Chemicals – Avobenzone, benzphenone, ethoxycinnamate, PABA are commonly used ingredients that are known free radical generators and are believed to damage DNA and lead to cancers.
12. Triclosan – Synthetic antibacterial ingredients. EPA registers it as a pesticide, posing risks to human health and the environment. Classified as a chlorophenol chemical suspected of causing cancer in humans. Found in Anti-bacterial hand wash, antibacterial toys and other antibacterial products.
13. Alcohol, Isopropyl, SD-40 – Made from petroleum derivative and strips moisture and the skin’s immune barrier, making you vulnerable to viruses. Promotes brown spots and premature aging. May cause headaches, flushing, dizziness, mental depression, nausea, vomiting, and coma. Ingesting one ounce or less can result in death. Found in lotions, creams, deodorants and shampoos.
14. Fragrance – Can contain up to four thousand toxic and carcinogenic ingredients. Causes headaches, dizziness, allergic reactions, skin discoloration, violent coughing, vomiting, and skin irritation. Fragrances affect the nervous system, causing depression, hyperactivity and irritability. Found in shampoos, toothpastes, body washes, cleansers, baby products, wipes, hand washes, deodorants, lotions, creams and of course perfumes.
15. Mineral Oil – Petroleum by-product that clogs pores and coats the skin like plastic wrap. Blocks the skin from eliminating toxins, promoting acne and other skin conditions. Slows down cell development causing premature aging. Found in lotions, creams, baby oil is 100% mineral oil!
16. Sodium Hydroxide – This has recently been added to skin care and oral care products, it is a poison (caustic lye) found in drain cleaners. Sodium Hydroxide labels read: “WARNING: May be fatal or cause permanent damage if swallowed. May cause blindness. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, mouth and clothing.” Found in toothpastes, baby lotions, hand and body lotion.
Beautiful Skin Starts From Within
It’s unfortunate that many doctors and skin care specialists will ignore any connection between diet, skin health and the large intestine. Many people unknowingly miss the opportunity to make major improvements in their skin. Your skin mirrors your inner health. The look, feel and texture are all indicators to the state of your health from the inside out and the bottom up. Remember, the large intestine is the mother of all detoxification organs; your body will become polluted if you do not take care of your large intestine with gentle daily cleansing, whole plant based nutrition and structured water.
Your skin is a primary indicator of a toxic large intestine. As soon as your internal body becomes toxic, it will spread out, into and through your skin. This will cause your skin to become slack, irritated, itchy and wrinkled. Remember your skin is a mirror of your internal health. Every time you look in the mirror you will get a gentle reminder of things to come when you slack off with nutrition, hydration and detoxification.
When your internal well-being starts to crumble, skin conditions such as rosacea, acne, boils, psoriasis, rashes and premature aging will result because you lack an understanding in the art of body talk. See my article: Your Face Talks: Signs & Symptoms of the Skin to understand the art of body talk and learn more about what your skin is trying to tell you.
Let’s take a look at what skin is and what it does…
- The skin has three layers, the epidermis, which is the outermost layer of skin, it is a waterproof barrier and creates our skin tone. The dermis is beneath the epidermis, it contains connective tissue, hair follicles and sweat glands. The hypodermis (deeper subcutaneous tissue) is made of fat and connective tissue.
- The skin is a respiration organ and is known as the third lung; it inhales and exhales, allowing your body to breathe.
- The skin performs many different tasks. These include:
- Sensation – It has many receptors that perceive sensations such as touch, temperatures, pressure and pain.
- Protection – The skin is a protective covering that protects you against exposure to harmful things. It also repels water, minimizes the loss of water from the body and protects your blood vessels, bones, tissues organs and nerves.
- Temperature Regulation – The skin helps the body to maintain a healthy body temperature by changing the diameter of your blood vessels in the dermis. In order to cool your body, the blood vessels enlarge to lose heat or you will perspire through your sweat glands, which cases water to be evaporated from the surface of your skin and and when your body needs warmth the vessels become smaller to conserve heat.
- Excretion – Your body excretes substances through the skin such as sebum, which is skin oil. This helps repel water and maintain a smooth texture, the excretion of sebum also defends against bacteria and fungus. The skin also excretes water, salts and other substances through perspiration.
- Vitamin D – your internal body form vitamin D but it first needs to be activated by your skin through exposure to UV light from the sun.
- What is the largest organ in the body? YOUR BEAUTIFUL SKIN!
- What organ is responsible for one quarter of the body’s detoxification everyday? YOUR AMAZING SKIN!
- What organ eliminates two pounds of acidic waste daily? YOUR RESILIENT SKIN!
- What is one of the most important elimination organs of the body? YOUR AWESOME SKIN!
- What organ requires 33% of all the blood that is circulated in the body? YOUR LIFE-GIVING SKIN!
- When the large intestine, liver and blood become overloaded with toxic waste, what organ will display this with problems? YOUR MIRACULOUS SKIN!
- What organ is the last on the list to receive nutrition, yet the first to shows signs of malnutrition or deficiency? THE SKIN YOUR IN!
Eliminating waste through your skin is essential for remaining vibrantly healthy. Sweating helps to cool the body and eliminate acidic toxic waste. Your pores must remain healthy and open for business 24/7. When we use toxic substances on our skin, whether it’s your so-called skin care products or chlorinated water for showering, bathing, washing your face or drinking, just know that you are choking the skin you’re in. This is a living and breathing organ, so if you can’t eat it, don’t treat it to your skin.
It is so important to nourish, hydrate and detoxify your skin from the inside out and the outside in. If you decide to use deodorants, antiperspirants and toxic skin care products or bathe/shower in chlorinated water, just know that you will be shutting down your body’s largest organ and triggering unwanted symptoms. Studies have shown a link between these toxic products and breast cancer, liver cancer, skin cancer and other forms of cancer. These products shut down the body’s natural ability to open up and eliminate toxic, acidic wastes through the skin.
There are many natural products you can use that will actually benefit your skin and internal organs. There is no need to buy into toxic products made by big corporations when you can use products that actually nourish your skin and help the body’s natural detoxification process – internally and externally.
Some of our most popular products for beautiful skin include:
- Structured Atomic Redox Spray – Uses a unique delivery system which moves minerals, such as Zinc and Copper, through the epidermal layers across semipermeable membranes very quickly to immediately be absorbed by diseased or healthy tissues at very low concentrations.
- RENU 28 – The powerful science behind RENU 28 delivers gentle, effective treatment to revitalize and comfort ageing or damaged skin. Through Redox Signalling Technology, this unique gel effectively supports the foundation of your skin’s structure, ensuring its optimum renewal and replenishment.
- Beyond Beauty Cream – Vanishes into your skin, leaving it moisturized, refreshed and silky smooth. Fortified with powerful anti-oxidants to prevent and restore damaged skin cells. Rich in healing botanicals and nutrients to aid in collagen regeneration. Protects your skin’s cell walls and DNA structure against the damage caused by dietary and environmental free radicals, pollution and sun damage.
- Moringa Oil – Moringa oil is extracted from the seeds of Moringa oleifera. It contains high amounts of behenic acid and omega-9 fatty acid. The Moringa oil is great for use on the skin and hair.
- Essential Oils – Essential oils have the highest vibrational frequency of any food on the planet, when it comes to healing the body, it is all about frequency. You may not know this, but no matter what you eat and drink, everything leaves the body except the frequency. Essential oils can be used for aromatherapy, as household cleaning products, beauty care and natural medicine.
- Daily Cleansing Tea – Gently detoxify your entire body everyday – from the top of your head to the tips of your toes – to balance weight and restore your immune system!
- Curcumin-Cayenne 5000 Plus – It neutralizes free radicals, reducing UV damage and modulates abnormal cellular growth, which is essential in slowing down the aging process. Curcumin is able to help prevent diseases and cancers of the skin, and has been used to treat skin conditions including psoriasis, vitiligo, melanoma and helps to heal skin wounds.
- Rhoziva – Rhodiola rosea helps maintain immune function by acting as a potent antioxidant. It also improves the body’s ability to metabolize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins while helping maintain healthy skin.
- Structured Water – Structured Water has been proven to improve health, eliminate toxins from the body, reduce bad bacteria and increase good bacteria. Have wonderful showers and baths – structured water hydrates skin (no more dry itchy skin), hair & skin rinses cleaner and feels better when washed and you will use less soap when washing!
– Dr. Darrell Wolfe, Doc of Detox
Get trained to master your body!